No-fuss Fudge Brownies

It's a busy two weeks for me while I run up and down from Holland to Greece and across the Netherlands. But I wouldn't go off without leaving a recipe - and this is one of my favourites.


I mean, who doesn't love chocolate, and who doesn't love brownies?

I don't, actually. 

Not because I dislike chocolate - don't get me wrong! I love chocolate, but with my lactose intolerance I can't say I trust most kinds of chocolate and definitely not any brownies. So I make them myself, not with chocolate, but with cacao. This recipe is definitely fool-proof and no-fuss.

Fudge Brownies
23cm or 9" square pan - inspired by Bakrecepten

180 grams (lactose-free) butter or margarine
240 grams sugar
160 grams cacao
4 eggs
120 grams flour
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F.
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the sugar and cacao.
3. Stir in the eggs.
4. Stir in the flour and pour into a greased or lined brownie tin.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Make sure not to overbake them - they can turn very dry very quickly.

You wouldn't be able to eat a handful - they're quite filling. But add them to a trifle, or top them with some fruits and you've got a killer-recipe. Of course, adding caramel and nuts on top is just as deadly. Brownies have always been so amazingly versatile. Which makes it all the more important to have one good recipe at hand!

Enjoy! ;)

Don't forget!
...to leave a comment below, follow me on Facebook or Twitter and/or come back next Thursday for a new recipe!

Comments