I want I want I want... Reeses

Today I decided I will rant. A whole post full of me complaining.. are you ready for it? Cuz if you aren't then perhaps you should scroll down all the way to the recipe and read the bits of tekst that come after. So, that ranting. Let's start! *takes a deep breath*

First of all I WANT my thesis to be over. There, I said it. As much as I enjoy working and researching, this one has taken over 8 months now. I've worked on it 24/7, 7 days a week without vacations although admittedly I took some off during Christmas (I need to stay sane). And I only have 120 pages to show for it. A whole lot of pages which I'm proud of though. Just one more month to go. I want that month to be over. How about finish before my birthday? That'd be nice. Thank you.

Secondly, I WANT to loose weight. There. I said it, I've been gaining some lately. I blame it on the stress. A lot of working behind the pc, a lot of deadlines which in my case is equal to a lot of eating. And tons of tea. Also I've been 'dieting', which means I'm eating a lot more fruit and more whole foods, like my superhealthy muesli bars (this needs to be posted one day). I realized a bit too late that when it's 1 bit of chocolate vs. 3 banana's, banana's still win in terms of calories. That's just my luck.

Lastly, I WANT to work on my blog. Gosh, I want it so badly. For some reason I'm bubbling with lots of ideas. I want to change things about the lay-out and little addons. I want to figure out how to make my own website (from scratch!). I want to learn how to use facebook or twitter. I want to learn how to make video-recipes. I want to scavenge the internet and find new recipes, new blogs and people to connect to. I want to do little series of recipes. I want to make more Oven-Info's, including some information on countries and their food. I want to finally wrap up all those unfinished projects I have. I want to post on Mondays, actually, for one. But I'm stuck: a little pot of boiling ideas that needs to keep the lid on because it's not time for dinner yet. I'm going to be feasting as soon as my thesis is done.

For a little at least. Because after that, there's an apprenticeship coming up (Oh, the life of a student is so tough). And after that I'll be working I suppose. How DO you guys find the time to blog?


Okay, now I'm done. Let's share something recipe-y to lift the spirits, ok?

Reeses
never enough - inspired by TheSweet{Tooth}Life and New York

2 tablespoons coconut oil
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup biscuit or graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3-4 cups dark, milk or even white chocolate 
4 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)*  

1. Put the peanut butter and coconut oil in a bowl. Heat them in the microwave until the coconut oil has melted. 
2. Add the vanilla, crumbs and powdered sugar to the peanut butter and mix everything together. Then set aside. 
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler . Once it's melted, pour it into a squeeze bottle or piping bag (because it's so much easier)
4. Now make the Reeses: layer the bottom of a mini cupcake liner with chocolate. Put a bit of peanut butter on top (try not to touch the sides!). Then fill the rest of the cupcake liner with chocolate.
5. Leave in the fridge (covered!) to set. 

* Makes the chocolate softer and less prone to 'chocolate bloom'.

How's that for lifting the spirits? If peanut butter and chocolate can't do it, you're a lost case. Really.

Now a little bit on the history of Reeses: Reeses were named after their inventor H. B. Reese (like every proper invention). They're barely 86 years old now and nearly instantly became popular. Nowadays you find them in millions of variations in several countries. It's so popular in fact, I dare say it counts as traditional somewhere in the direction of America and/or Canada.


A little note: if you do not want to use mini-cupcake liners, or don't have any: make Reeses Bonbons! Put the peanut butter-mix in the fridge for a while, shape into little balls or whatever shapes you like and freeze them for 10-20 minutes. Then dip them in chocolate. I haven't done it myself, but I'm 100% sure it will work. You'll end up with a bit more peanut butter than chocolate though. Unless you're patient enough to make multiple layers of chocolate...

Thanks for listening to the rant! (Just smile and wave) In stressful times like these it's nice to be able to rant somewhere... to follow it all up by lots of chocolate so we can start all happy again the next day. I hope it'll work for you too! And I hope you have a lovely week!

Comments

  1. Lol! I'm smiling and waving ... as requested! And maybe also drooling just a little at the thought of these gorgeous homemade Reese's! Definitely what you need to lift your spirits and help you through this last thesis month! Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment